Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Vacation Bible School!

Chloe and Hunter in the yellow are kids of my sunday school classmates. Pierce in the middle is my next door neighbor.
My two on the left. I let them play until their teacher comes in.
Samantha doesn't know what to think. Next to her are Caitlan and Nicholas who are the children of the other teacher. And Aiden who is holding a ring that he found is the child of the other pre K teacher. Shepard is wondering how he can get his hands on that ring.

Our theme is Hawaiian - Outrigger island. We have it at shively baptist church from 9-12:30. It's fun as long as I don't forget to tell myself that it's only for one week.

Ok this week I got roped into teaching VBS. I only say that because I've never done it. I am teaching with another lady and today we had 10 boys and 1 girl. OH and i'm teaching pre K. So a room full of 4 and 5 yr old testosterone is not fun. and the one girl tried to start trouble. yesterday there was another girl and it helped even things out. statistically with 10 boys one is a handfull and two will try to pick on each other. now the one is a given but the two are variables. meaning the names of the two kids will change but the handfull has the same name throughout the day! but it could be worse. next door there is another pre k teacher and it's just her. most of the boys are good and they do want something to do. i do see ones that need to be taught with care but i don't see any ADD or ADHD. but i'm not a big pharmacy company trying to medicate our children. so what do i know!
I forgot to say that when i got paid for working (pre SAHM days) i was around a lot of testosterone also. It just wasn't as concentrated! Although I must say that in the same setting (i.e. not personal - this means not you Russ), it's kind of the same. Only there's no time out with the adults!

No comments: