Sunday, August 3, 2008

Gotcha Day!!!

In mommy's lap at the hotel, we were getting instructions from the foster mother.
Daddy's first feeding!
At the coffee plantation, where I told Samantha that she will one day like coffee!
All of us, notice how close russ is to the coffee. Won't see that in the near future!
At the hotel lobby, where we realized that the straps in the umbrella stroller go around Samantha's waist and they are not shoulder straps. No wonder she looked uncomfortable!


It was two years ago today, 8/3, that we first got to hold our precious Mayan princess. We have been very blessed. These pictures are from that first day (except for at the coffee plantation). We didn't know what to expect and all things considered we were exceptionally blessed! I was in my first trimester and the good Lord allowed me to drink coffee!!! I couldn't stand the taste of it between months (2 1/2 -9)! I didn't get nauseous and thought nothing of the strange feelings/emotions that I had. I was getting to be a mommy real time not just through pictures and monthly reports! I thought what I was feeling was normal, not due to some surge in hormones. God sure does know how to play a practical joke on us! I didn't know I was pregnant! So I guess shepard went to Guatemala in utero. Either way neither one of my children will remember their first visit. When the children are older, I want to go back to show them just a) how lucky they are and b) to help give samantha some closure about her place of birth. Thanks to everyone who sent up prayers for us and I did pray the prayer of Jabez. you know that one where you ask God to multiply your blessings! I guess God was really paying close attention to that one!
MUCHOS GRACIAS!

No comments: