OK the cavalier went sputtering and dying. Since this is the car russ takes to work, he had to take the grand prix. We took it to the shop and a spark plug broke off into one of the fuel injectors. Of course, it is too little to get with a magnet and the next step is to take off the head which means a bill of about half of what the car is worth. Now while I am trying to talk russ into a mini van he is still talking to me in terms of suv/crossover. My 40 yr old body is going to be talking loud and clear about constantly picking up a 35 lb and 25 lb child to put into a vehicle with a higher center of gravity than a minivan. SUV/Crossover cars do not have auto door openers. You also need more room between vehicles when you park. I am trying to look for a wide parking space to adequately open the car doors to not ding my fellow neighbor when half the time once i'm out of whatever i'm doing "surprise!" someone who obviously does not have children has parked within inches of my door! Now dinging doors is not top on my mind when I have to figure out how to contort my body to finagle my child into their car seat and buckle them up! The only other vehicles besides minivans that have doors which do not open out are delorans and lamborginis! The later two are definately a) not child friendly and b) out of my price range! Still dreamin of a minivan! (ok did I just say that - somebody pinch me!)
2 weeks ago




1 comment:
Another benefit to the minivan over the SUV is that you can fit additional people in the car easily. In-laws, other kids, etc. I love mine!
Post a Comment