Friday, May 30, 2008

Fun at the zoo!

Samantha's first time on the slide! She's still not too sure as she is holding up the line!
Shepard wanted to be held each time he got sprayed. So mommy made him content by giving him food!
Here are the kiddos with my friend, Peggy.
Here's a rare picture of me with the kids.

Here we are at the zoo. My friend, Peggy, went with us which was a blessing since I wasn't sure how I would handle both kids at the splash park. As you can see the worst part is when samantha got on the boat and I would be holding shepard and have to maneuvar my way around to see her. I guess next year will be the time that both kids are going crazy in the water. Samantha was talking to the qrandpa next to us. She was telling him how she was all wet and she was 2-1/2 and shepard was one. Peggy said you want their personality to come out but how do you teach them about stranger danger? Very good question and I don't have the answer. I wish I did. She really likes the water. Samantha is definately a water baby.
Funny thing happened at the zoo. I saw a family that I've been "stalking" through their blog. They are a latin family yahoo group that I am part of and have a little boy, Alex, and the mom is fostering a baby boy, Alex, who has a cleft palate. The baby is getting surgery to correct his lip and will recover for 6 weeks before going back to Guatemala. Check out www.fosteringbabya.blogspot.com. Well I've rattled on enough. Tonight we're going to attempt the bats game which samantha loves buddy bat. Again I'm taking enough food to keep shepard happy! Bribing the children in whatever way possible!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you had a good time at the zoo! How'd the bats game go? Joe and I were talking about us going to a game, but weren't sure how little man would do.

Kim said...

It was good meeting you yesterday!! It looks like the kids had a good time. Hope the baseball game was fun.