Well this morning as most of you all know we felt the effects of a 5.4 tremor pass through about 5:40 am EST. I happened to be awake and heard the rumbling first. Our windows were open and I heard a low moan like thunder in the distance. Only the sound didn't get louder or go away until the house started shaking and then the noise was gone. Russ woke up and said what was that? I said I think it was an earthquake. We decided to spend the day blowing bubbles and going to the library. It did kind of freak me out at first because we are right on the new madrid fault line. I've read that one really good shaking out of that fault line and the ohio river will change it's course. Good thing it started in Illinois. Maybe God wanted to shake up some Cubs fans. Of course it is not a good thing when I tell Russ something the kids did and he tells me - "I know. I read it on the blog." :)
2 weeks ago




No comments:
Post a Comment